• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Ultimate ak with mega fang plus on 24 foot Yamaha

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A look at the new Ultimate A K steering with the mega fang plus system " note like the magnum ak steering this is also cross compatible with the lateral thrusters with no modifications required In place of the mega fang plus upgrade if you choose that direction.

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This is the first person to try this setup.
Customer review sent to me this morning on the new Ultimate A K steering with mega fang plus compared to the thrust vector steering on a 21 foot yamaha the articulating keel boat.

"First off, install was easy. I had no trouble following instructions and the pictures provided.

Now on to performance. I was at the coast for testing. So the conditions are with ICW currents.

The fins and fangs performed very well. Slow/no wake handling was surprisingly impressive considering the
4-6 mph current that I was in. I did not have any type of load assisting bumpers installed on my trailer. Had no trouble loading or unloading. I could control the boat well. Reverse was improved over stock. I will say it performed well with the current, but believe it would be a lot more noticeable in a lake setting. So low speed handling was great.

High speed handling is where I noticed the biggest difference. I will describe the steering not as power steering, but more of a progressive type steering. Let me explain. If anyone has driven a car that has power steering, and a car without power steering then you have experienced both worlds. The car with power steering is great at low speeds and turning while stopped. Not so much at higher speeds as you have less feel of the road. With no power steering, you hate the times you are slow or stopped but the road response is noticeably better and you can feel the road and seem to have more control. That’s why race cars don’t have power steering.

That’s what I felt this system added to the Yamaha. You feel like you have low speed control and ease of steering, yet when you are at higher speeds you feel the steering has that feedback and thus more feel for what your boat is doing or fixing to do. The steering is still light with system, but I feel more in control because I feel what my boat is doing/fixing to do (bow walk, turns, etc.). Tracking was straight. Tighter turns. Off throttle control was amazing compared to before. I could back off the throttle and definitely control my boat even in currents and heavy, heavy chop.

To summarize my experience.

I had the the Thrust Vectors. They performed well at no wake speeds. Had no complaints on their performance.
The Cobra Jet system did the same thing at no wake speeds. Where the Cobta Jet system excelled was anything above no wake speed. From no wake speed to full throttle performance was apparent. Increased off throttle maneuvering, high speed maneuvering, low speed maneuvering, and straight line tracking. I do not regret changing to the cobra Jet system.

I agree with several things that I have read on some of the forums. This system should be standard on these boats. Just from the safety aspect of off power control and docking control. Not to mention the increased high speed performance.

You will not go wrong with this system and will not need the money back guarantee the is offered. You will not want your money back after you use it. Customer service is amazing! Definitely goes abaove and beyond to make sure you are satisfied. The only other advice I will give is this. Make sure you listen to what Jeff says to do. PUT BLUE LOCK TIGHT ON EVERY BOLT AND NUT! I have checked and double checked my bolts and nuts. Non of them, I repeat, non of them have loosened. I have about 10 hrs running the system and solid as a rock.

Buy it, you won’t regret it! "

Attachments

Last edited: