• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ski Wakeboard Windshield Mounted Mirrors

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been doing a lot of searching though the internet for reviews on certain mirrors and how they compare to other similar products. I was specifically looking for windshield mounted mirrors that have a “wide” view. I tried the follow mirrors and have some pictures to show their viewing range as well as how they mount to the windshield.

I am sure I skipped over some details but if you have any questions, just ask!

Below are pictures for:
PTM Edge VR-100 Pro Wake / Ski Mirror
CIPA 01600 Vision 180° Mirror Head
CIPA 02003 Black 4" x 11" Ellipse Marine Mirror
CIPA 01300 COMP Marine 7" x 14" Mirror Head

Attachments

Last edited:

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t have pictures of the CIPA Eclipse or Comp mounted but included side by side pics of them.

I would like to try the PTM Edge VR-140 next. I don’t think I need the extremely wide viewing angle of the the CIPA Vision 180 but it is my favorite so far. I think the balance between a wide angle and size of objects in the mirror might be met with the VR-140 BUT I want to test out side by side first. I lean towards keeping the CIPA 180 but as you can see in the pictures, it is a pretty big mirror.

The PTM Edge VR-100 is nice and you can tell it a high quality product but the viewing angle is not wide enough. It is noticeably lighter and has a smaller profile than the CIPA Vision.

I should also add that I don’t have a windshield mount for the CIPA Comp but because the viewing angle isn’t what I was looking for, I didn’t get/make a mount for it.

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
CIPA 180 is hard to beat!
Can you try to move it to the passenger side ?- it can work great.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/top-down-rear-view-mirror.18609/

--
Thanks for the advice! I will try that the next time I’m out. I was wondering why I didn’t come across the thread you linked to and realized it was fairly new. I wish I had that infor before I got the 3 smaller mirrors.

The 180!is definitely the clear winner so far for me.