• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Slampak tower speakers

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So a few weeks ago I had tower speakers and an amp installed to help get the sound out of the boat when we are swimming. Today it was nice enough to get the boat out and tune the sound a little. One thing I noticed is my right tower speaker was working great but the left somewhat cut out. After messing around with various settings it stopped happening. I also have a quick release connector which I checked to make sure it was really seated properly.

It seemed like when I turned the amp to no filters it would cut in and out on that left speaker. I switched some things on my clarion head unit and then put the filter to high pass. Anyone have any ideas why that speaker would kind of cutout? The sound was still there it just wasn't half as loud. Thought?

Last edited:

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
From your description, it sounds as if the speaker cut out on longer excursions. Going from fullrange to highpass would reduce the excursion.
So try this....Temporarily go back to the fullrange setting. Unplug the amplifier's input RCA on the good side. While the intermittent channel is playing at a good, moderate volume level try gently pressing in on the speaker's midbass cone, in a careful centered/balanced manner so that you don't rock the cone to one side or the other. See if you can manually introduce the same issue with this inward pressure or either temporarily stop the issue by doing the same.