• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling motor mount

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My trolling motor bracket doesn't look like it fits my 210 sport. The gussets don't line up with curve of hull. I don't have plastic anymore to verify the part number. Anyone else have this problem?

Leonidas514

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
On my 210 the bracket is a hack job in my opinion! Based on the other things QC and detail related I am not surprised one bit! My bracket flexes and has caused a pretty deep gouge in the gel coat so I had to put some rubber edging on it to prevent this from happening.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I picked up my 210 FSH Sport on Wednesday and my Trolling mount was solid as a rock. But I haven't put much time on it in the water yet.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On my 210 the bracket is a hack job in my opinion! Based on the other things QC and detail related I am not surprised one bit! My bracket flexes and has caused a pretty deep gouge in the gel coat so I had to put some rubber edging on it to prevent this from happening.
What other issues should I be looking for?

Leonidas514

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I picked up my 210 FSH Sport on Wednesday and my Trolling mount was solid as a rock. But I haven't put much time on it in the water yet.
Wait until you use it. Mine literally flexes up about 3 inches when in use.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wait until you use it. Mine literally flexes up about 3 inches when in use.
I have used it in about 1ft chop yesterday and I didn't notice it flexing. I have to admit I didn't stare at it then entire time. I am going out on Sunday and I will keep a close eye on it.

Leonidas514

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
What other issues should I be looking for?
There are tons of threads on here about what to look for. Overall I have really enjoyed the boat but there are things that I feel should have had much better QC. Anchor locker drain is messed up, had to silicone myself. Cup holder rings rusted first time out, cup holder drain hoses not connected, floor drain hose has a hole from the engine lift support, trolling motor mount, a pound of crap in the hull (a bunch of metal). Lots of little stuff, none of which are deal breakers but I shouldn't have to repair ANYTHING on a brand new boat.

Leonidas514

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have used it in about 1ft chop yesterday and I didn't notice it flexing. I have to admit I didn't stare at it then entire time. I am going out on Sunday and I will keep a close eye on it.
Can you post a pic of yours? Wonder if mine is missing something.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are tons of threads on here about what to look for. Overall I have really enjoyed the boat but there are things that I feel should have had much better QC. Anchor locker drain is messed up, had to silicone myself. Cup holder rings rusted first time out, cup holder drain hoses not connected, floor drain hose has a hole from the engine lift support, trolling motor mount, a pound of crap in the hull (a bunch of metal). Lots of little stuff, none of which are deal breakers but I shouldn't have to repair ANYTHING on a brand new boat.
I have studied those and they sure helped. I informed the dealer of what I would be looking for when I took delivery of the boat. I THINK "remember I only have 6 hours on the boat to date" they address many of the concerns that I have seen from the various threads. I haven't found any leaks or loose hose clamps. No water in the boat after 6 hours on the water. Motors ran at the same RPM. I did find towards the end of the day one of my throttles was not holding its position. Gave it a quick tighten with and it seems to be great. They even vacuumed out all of the debris in the engine compartment. I sure hope my luck holds out. These forums have been GREAT.

Leonidas514

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here you go
That's exactly why I started this thread. Mine did not contour to the hull like that. I'm not spending $230 to replace it with stock that actually fits. I guess I will be having a custom mount made.

Attachments

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's exactly why I started this thread. Mine did not contour to the hull like that. I'm not spending $230 to replace it with stock that actually fits. I guess I will be having a custom mount made.
Shoot some pics after you get the custom mount.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
112lbs of thrust on a 60" shaft is a lot of torque on the mounting system. I found my mounting bolts vibrated loose with use, even though I used nylon locking nuts and lock washers. Once it loosens up, the mount starts to gouge the boat hull. I've added Loctite, new nylon locking nuts to try and resolve the issue.

rsmith7226

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had the same issue. I installed the factory mount and after mounting my ulterra when it would deploy it caused a lot of flex in the stock mount. What I did was had a 1/2" thick piece of aluminum cut and custom made a new mount. The new mount has zero flex and is rock solid. 9287020190413_150027.jpg20190413_145720.jpg20190416_130025.jpg20190419_105931.jpg20190419_113705.jpg20190419_113722.jpg20190419_114132.jpg

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had the same issue. I installed the factory mount and after mounting my ulterra when it would deploy it caused a lot of flex in the stock mount. What I did was had a 1/2" thick piece of aluminum cut and custom made a new mount. The new mount has zero flex and is rock solid.
Thats exactly what I had in mind! Where did you get the material?

Last edited:

Leonidas514

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for the post. I would love to see someone make that piece available aftermarket, I would certainly buy it. It's ashame you've got to put rubber on the bottom of the factory one to keep it from gouging the boat. My 2019 is scratched to holy hell. I would like to meet the guy that tested that mount and said "yep, it has no flex, let's mass produce it and tell the consumer their boat comes with a trolling motor mount".

rsmith7226

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the post. I would love to see someone make that piece available aftermarket, I would certainly buy it. It's ashame you've got to put rubber on the bottom of the factory one to keep it from gouging the boat. My 2019 is scratched to holy hell. I would like to meet the guy that tested that mount and said "yep, it has no flex, let's mass produce it and tell the consumer their boat comes with a trolling motor mount".
Where are you located?