• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do I need to do to Summerize my boat?

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would change the plugs on a cold engine. I change my oil after warming up the boat a few minutes. If the oil is too hot , it'll collapse the oil line. Let it cool a bit if too hot. I almost melted the hose once into the oil....too hot! Warm....not hot....I've made all the mistakes...haha

BTW- I only change plugs about every 3 yrs. Just when I can't get 10,200 rpms....time to change. They still didn't look bad, but I didn't want the plug to freeze in the cylinder. Use that plug grease 'never seize' or it's equal
Thank you!
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a service manual (not owners manual) for a 2008 SX230HO? A PDF would be great!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I recommend 5 mins when providing water from the hose. It seemed to get the oil warm but not hot. I have a service manual for a 2009 212x if that is of interest to you. I'm sure there are many on here that have the 230 service manual.

DLong

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for your awesome information! Seems I must have struck a nerve on the other Yamaha site by posting in the site down thread and my account over there no longer works! I guess I'm a victim of the Captain "Ban" LOL

I can see the people online there now have very few posts....and the names here match up to the top posters there...so I'm here to stay (although I am rarely online).

Thanks to those who welcomed me!