• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha factory tour report (It was Awesome)!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...where the guy got ktfo riding on the bow through the rollers.
Sorry, I had to look up the acronym, I thought it might be a typo, but it was pretty funny that it had the *F* in there. Turns out it's on purpose, and I think this fits the exact definition of what happened to him! that dude was out out.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
upload_2018-3-7_13-38-3.png

I would not be at all surprised at all if Yamaha started building their outboard powered larger boats for the US market.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know, I thought they would have allowed pictures
I had asked if I could get a tour of the factory and they said no. They said the Japanese bosses are very anal about not allowing tours....so I was delighted when this was posted as perhaps they are relenting some?

I wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha goes the 26-28' outboard powered overnighter.
I would not be at all surprised at all if Yamaha started building their outboard powered larger boats for the US market.
I've wondered about this too. Seems a natural progression to pair their outboard engines with a Yamaha hull.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe it was just u @Julian .. lol :D
Probably was! I was pestering them on the anchor leak issues at the time....they were probably afraid I'd arrive at the factory tour with a caulk gun ready to work the line on the anchor locker grommets!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Towable 26'+ boats suck. I drove a 26 sea Ray with the 8' beam and it was horrible. I looked them up and they call them the lean club or something. It felt like you were going to tip over all the time. Constantly messing with the tabs to keep it level. There is absolutely no reason to have a 26' jet boat. Go outboards, inboards, or io.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We saw their pontoon boat at the boat show and I was very impressed. Hope to find a low hour G3 in a couple of years.
Papa

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A few years back when we were still shopping a SeaRay rep at a boat show said something about trying to get out ahead of japanese brands on hidden outboard cruisers, SeaRay at the time was pushing the twin outboard 37 foot lux cruiser, which I don't believe they make anymore. Had no idea what he was referring to then, but do now. I think we'll see Yamaha's larger boat segment come to America. Should be interesting. I think they can be a player in every category. Maybe they'll even change the name for an upscale brand Toyota -> Lexus style.
upload_2018-3-8_12-22-43.png
36' Yamaha Exult Sport Saloon with twin Volvo Pentas

Cool drag around 360 video. Wish I understood the Japanese spokesmodel.

Interesting reading:
https://global.yamaha-motor.com/about/technology/chassis_hulls/003/

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That boat is freaking sweet. I am going to need a few promotions and a house on the inter-coastal.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think Pursuit still has one.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If Yamaha builds a boat like this I am in!

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sleep and surf on the same boat..mmmm

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If Yamaha builds a boat like this I am in!

Nice looking boat, but I just can't get over the outboards making the rear of the boat nearly unusable.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice looking boat, but I just can't get over the outboards making the rear of the boat nearly unusable.
Yeah I agree, I went with the inboard model with extended swim platform.

Regal-1.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
To have a boat like those cruisers and then use outboards just seems ....dumb to me. Why get a boat made for lounging and then completely block off swim platform and lounge area with big outboards?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That is your boat?
I got 15+ years before i get one but it's a dream for sure!
Yes, thanks.

Can't wait for the season to start! Been a long winter.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wouldn't expect Yamaha to build any outboard powered boats. They can't even produce enough motors to sell to manufacturers, and they'd be canabilizing (sp?) their own markets. If brand X buys motors from Yamaha and Yamaha builds a boat that competes with brand X then why would brand X continue to buy Yamaha Motors? They could easily buy any of the other outboard motors available and see little to no change in sales.... Remember, its called Yamaha Motor Corporation

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wouldn't expect Yamaha to build any outboard powered boats. They can't even produce enough motors to sell to manufacturers, and they'd be canabilizing (sp?) their own markets. If brand X buys motors from Yamaha and Yamaha builds a boat that competes with brand X then why would brand X continue to buy Yamaha Motors? They could easily buy any of the other outboard motors available and see little to no change in sales.... Remember, its called Yamaha Motor Corporation
Ford is Ford Motor Company. *shrug*