• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Wake Booster kit

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m on Lake Norman and there are $200k wake boats everywhere. I am a Yamaha PWC dealer and wanted to support my brand so I bought the 242 Limited SE. We bought it just to chill but my 16 and 17 yr old daughters wanted to try surfing. I paid for a 2 hr lesson behind a Nautique and then started researching how to surf behind the Yamaha. So I ordered the WakeBooster kit with Slingshot board. I also ordered 2 fat sacks. A large one for the ski locker and the custom transom bag. Today was our first day out. My daughter’s boyfriend is an experienced surfer and so he came along. Now remember the girls have only ever surfed once. So we filled the bags (took 10/15 min max and that included learning how to install and operate them) we then installed the WakeBooster. It took us a little while to figure out speed. I tried to use the Connext but it wouldn’t allow the boat to go past 10mph which was too slow to create a good wave. So we chose to go manual on throttle using the single throttle feature. Both girls got up and surfed. They got right in the pocket. I actually thought my youngest was going to ride a wave right on to the boat 😂. My girls ride goofy footed so we had to make some changes for old buddy to ride. The girls are 105lbs or so 5’2 and 5’5. Clay is 6 ft and probably 190. We moved the bag over to the port side and we went surfing. He had absolutely no trouble dropping the rope and surfing; however the starboard engine did create some spray. We then moved the bag to the center and everybody gave it a second go. The wave was much cleaner with all the weight centered. We surfed for about 2 hrs. This setup (I got from this forum) worked real well and we are newbies. Since I didn’t buy the X, we don’t have the extra ballast. I’m curious what and where more weight might benefit us. Cheers all!
So the fat sack in the center worked well? That was my question when it comes to switching between goofy and regular surfers… taking the time to move the external
Ballast. I am ordering the 222 XD and am trying to research as much as I can.

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the fat sack in the center worked well? That was my question when it comes to switching between goofy and regular surfers… taking the time to move the external
Ballast. I am ordering the 222 XD and am trying to research as much as I can.
I have the standard Yamaha ballast package (400 lb’s), w/ the wake booster package (added accessories from the dealer when we bought the boat). We get a nice wave on our AR210, with the 2 small bags (on both sides of the deck evenly weighted).
That being said, I plan to buy the 725 lb Fat Sac at some point to increase weight & list on the side we surf..

Here’s a pic from this weekend (my son surfing), for reference…not a bad wave.5B3EFC6C-8298-4C5B-88BF-B2DD59AE9279.jpeg

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the standard Yamaha ballast package (400 lb’s), w/ the wake booster package (added accessories from the dealer when we bought the boat). We get a nice wave on our AR210, with the 2 small bags (on both sides of the deck evenly weighted).
That being said, I plan to buy the 725 lb Fat Sac at some point to increase weight & list on the side we surf..

Here’s a pic from this weekend (my son surfing), for reference…not a bad wave.View attachment 186865
Does your ar210 have internal ballast as well?

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No built in ballast…just the fat sacs. I didn’t mean standard ballast package, it’s an optional Yamaha branded Fat Sac/ballast bag package (2 - 200 lb fat sac’s & pump). Add the Wake Booster, & it makes a pretty decent wave…poor man’s 212X LOL.

Last edited:

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No built in ballast…just the fat sacs. I didn’t mean standard ballast package, it’s an optional Yamaha branded Fat Sac/ballast bag package (2 - 200 lb fat sac’s & pump). Add the Wake Booster, & it makes a pretty decent wave…poor man’s 212X LOL.
How do you secure those 200lb fat sacs to the boat? I see those on the Yamaha website now with their 2023 models

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you secure those 200lb fat sacs to the boat? I see those on the Yamaha website now with their 2023 models
The setup comes with (2) SS “attachments” (securing points). You must drill holes and screw them into place…just above the swim deck back rest area/seat, (The attachments are small & low profile…they’re not an eyesore, so it’s not a cosmetic or safety concern). I used marine grade silicon for the screw holes. It also comes with a template for attachment placement/location).

The bags come w/ straps to secure them to the attachments, & they have a strong rubber like “eye” to loop through.

The whole install takes like 5 minutes...I’ll try to remember to take photos, next time I’m w/ my boat. I just ordered some lateral thrusters, & I plan to install them this weekend…I’ll try and get some pics then.

Last edited:

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
…by the way, I’m not sure that they’ve made a Wakebooster for the 220 boats yet (I don’t think they are one size fits all). Probably coming soon though.

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The setup comes with (2) SS “attachments” (securing points). You must drill holes and screw them into the hull…just above the swim deck back rest area/seat, (The attachments are small & low profile…they’re not an eyesore, so it’s not a cosmetic or safety concern). I used marine grade silicon for the screw holes. It also comes with a template for attachment placement/location).

The bags come w/ straps to secure them to the attachments, & they have a strong rubber like “eye” to loop through.

The whole install takes like 5 minutes...I’ll try to remember to take photos, next time I’m w/ my boat. I just ordered some lateral thrusters, & I plan to install them this weekend…I’ll try and get some pics then.
Thank you … I hate to drill holes into a new boat 😬

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The custom transom bag was the #1 best investment we made for surfing. Highly recommend. And it sits so well we just secure to the tube hook on the step through.

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The custom transom bag was the #1 best investment we made for surfing. Highly recommend. And it sits so well we just secure to the tube hook on the step through.
Is yours the 725# bag? Or the 2 Yamaha bags?

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Would love to see a pic

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok will send this weekend will take one while on the boat
. Has a pfd on it

heres a vid no wakebooster only the sack and 2 passenger

Attachments

Last edited:

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
. Has a pfd on it

heres a vid no wakebooster only the sack and 2 passenger
Sweet…that is the Fat Sac I’m planning to add to my set up.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sweet…that is the Fat Sac I’m planning to add to my set up.
My wife said the single best investment we made for the yammy

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is that in the center of the transom?
I either put it center or slightly goofy side. “Since I surf goofy and the girls still get plenty of push regular side. We just adjust passengers depending on who is surfing.