• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let's talk batteries....

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Dont even mess with anything else. Bite the bullet and get the odyssey extreme. Your on the right path!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mrcleanr6 I am trying to. I them in my cart ready to check out, but was hoping for a less costly option. I have literally been reading threads here and shopping batteries for the last 5 hours..... smh

Want the group 34M so they fit in the battery recess in my boat which could hold 2 and then I would have to only mount 1. Can't get the Minn Kota Terrova for a bit everyone is out of stock or some sellers are jacking up the MSRP by $400. So I am trying to sort out the best bath. Already have thse in a box in the garage ready to go on as well. We are headed to Myrtle Beach first week in April and I want to be boating when we get back, Salmon are in the St. Clair River, so trying add the modifications before I leave.

Amazon.com: NOCO GCP1E 15 Amp AC Port Plug, 125 Volt Power Inlet Socket, And Waterproof Electrical Outlet Receptacle Box With 6-Foot Integrated Outdoor Extension Cord: Automotive

Blue Sea Systems 7650 Add-A-Battery Kit

Amazon.com: ProMariner 44021 ProSportHD Series Battery Charger - 20 Amp (Plus): Automotive

Perhaps I will just bring 1 in which should be enough for start, stock radio, chart plotter, etc. Then see where things end up going.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought two of the same battery a few weeks ago. I did a fair amount of research and they were at the top of my list. Got them from Amazon for $305 each which looks like a better deal now than it did then.

034A185C-9B9E-4306-AABD-A9F841EA51BE.jpeg

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@WhiskyDan Where on Amazon did you see them for $305? I cant find that.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors It looks like they are only available using the “All buying options” drop-down on Amazon now at a higher price. I’m guessing that they ran out of the ones from the supplier that I purchased from.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Northstar is the same battery different label. Same company. You may find the northstars are more available some places. Amazon i couldnt find my gp27 in odyssey but i found a bunch in northstar. Look it up. Part # for your battery should be similar

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Despite many people complaining, West Marine does provide great service for good value (they price match too).
I have two of them for my trolling motor with a dedicated shore power charger; everything is isolated from the rest of the boat's electrical system. I even have a set of jumper cables so that I can use them to jump the other boat batteries if needed.

Last edited:

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone go with lithium ion batteries yet for our boats? Pricey but something like 10x the number of cycles compared to flooded acid batteries.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You dont use lithium ion, you want lithium iron... LiFePO4.

I ambusing two for my trolling motor. $700 each

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I put two 31 AGMs in my 212x to go two steps above those stock interstate POSs (better quality AGMs, plus bigger). Put an additional battery tray in since they both won't fit in the stock battery tub. Both are secured and allow us to chill for hours on end in coves. I haven't tested the limit so can't put a quantity on the hours... 4 min so far with music.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Cool! How are you charging them? AGM setting on a traditional charger?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

[/QUOT
I decided to go with the Northstar. Slightly better specs. Plus the shipping on Odyssey's was going to be $90. The ones from West Marine is free shipping to store which is right down the road. Plus i get points and I had 10$ off coupon.

NORTHSTAR BATTERY Utra High Performance Group 24 Thin Plate Pure Lead AGM Battery | West Marine
They must of upgraded, no longer available...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool! How are you charging them? AGM setting on a traditional charger?
NOCO Gen 5 Pro does wet, gel, agm and lithium. I got the 4 bank 40 anp, 10 per bank

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They must of upgraded, no longer available...
They changed packaging and increased price $150 it looks like. I wanted the 24 so it would fit in the battery hole in my compartment.