• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Getting a new 2019 AR195 need advice!

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah for me as a new boat owner, learning to boat safely and exploring is more of a priority than a loud sound system, I kind of like the nature aspect of boating (lake, trees, calm... away from work)... so I'll listen the the malibu's and moomba's and the like with their 10K stereos go buy but I'm just not into that anymore. (my 17 yr old self put wayyyyyyy to much money in car stereos).
Yeah, I've spent many dollars on car stereos and equipment back in the day as well...…..pretty much done with that now that I'm older too. Fortunately, the OEM setup in my car is an upgraded HK system that sounds pretty decent, so there's no need there anyways. I don't want to overdo it on the AR195 setup, but I can see where I'd at least like to be able to hear it a little while underway. Which brings up another point too - how loud is the AR195 at various levels of throttle? I know that on my Scarab, that Rotax was pretty noisy at full throttle (on top of the wind and water noises), made it pretty difficult to hear the stereo even when it was turned up all the way.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, I've spent many dollars on car stereos and equipment back in the day as well...…..pretty much done with that now that I'm older too. Fortunately, the OEM setup in my car is an upgraded HK system that sounds pretty decent, so there's no need there anyways. I don't want to overdo it on the AR195 setup, but I can see where I'd at least like to be able to hear it a little while underway. Which brings up another point too - how loud is the AR195 at various levels of throttle? I know that on my Scarab, that Rotax was pretty noisy at full throttle (on top of the wind and water noises), made it pretty difficult to hear the stereo even when it was turned up all the way.
There are rpm ranges that are a bit better than others on sound’ pretty high pitched sound though. It’s nothing bad though, mine seems to be the least noisy around 26-28 where the pitch settle down

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great buy u should get all u wanted plus more of this boat, I too just purchased a 2018 AR195 last season and me and family loved it, the Polk stock stereo sounded great to me but always room for improvements in that department, but first thing on my list I’ve gotten over winter are JetBoatPilot wake vectors ordered and the lateral thrust witch I believe came stock on yours

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I would also like to know the specs on the helm storage door going to call dealer and order one and cut the opening my self but just want to measure first, but great reliable powerful and sporty 19 foot boat enjoy!!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes I would also like to know the specs on the helm storage door going to call dealer and order one and cut the opening my self but just want to measure first, but great reliable powerful and sporty 19 foot boat enjoy!!!
You can also use the same door that @ArmyChief used on his 19’ when he did the additional helm door.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2017 AR195 and was thinking the same thing, however the new 2019 door is to big. The helm door is 16 1/8th wide by 25 5/8th tall, but it's not 100% square, the left side tapers in starting about 2/3rd of the way up and narrows with the seat back area.

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great buy u should get all u wanted plus more of this boat, I too just purchased a 2018 AR195 last season and me and family loved it, the Polk stock stereo sounded great to me but always room for improvements in that department, but first thing on my list I’ve gotten over winter are JetBoatPilot wake vectors ordered and the lateral thrust witch I believe came stock on yours
Thanks - that's all great news, makes me believe that I've made the right choice. The hardest part now is waiting...……..

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m currently running 2 exile 9” surf tower speakers with the factory cabin speakers. Next year I plan on running another amp with a dual battery set up and upgrading to 6.5” exile cabin speakers.
On this setup, how did you run the wires for the tower speakers? Is the OEM Yamaha wakeboard tower setup for wiring, or did you have to do some drilling and plumbing of the wires?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On this setup, how did you run the wires for the tower speakers? Is the OEM Yamaha wakeboard tower setup for wiring, or did you have to do some drilling and plumbing of the wires?
The amp is mounted on the wall in the storage compartment for easy connection to the deck and the battery. Then the wires are ran through the tower. The exile clamps hide the wires under the clamp.

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perfect - sounds like a nice clean install then. I was worried it would be a mess of zip ties and Velcro or something like that.

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another question I don't see a lot of info about on the forums are docking lights. I don't see any on the AR 195, are they something that can be installed? My thought was to do some flush mount forward facing LED spots or floods on or near the bow, one on each side of the keel. Something that would look like it was OEM and still provide a decent amount of light. Makes me nervous drilling into the side of the hull though.

I'd also thought about maybe placing a couple of LED floods up on top of the wake tower as well. Up until now, I haven't done a lot of boating at night, mostly due to not having the proper lighting to do so - not sure if any of that is advisable or not? It would just be nice having the option and/or not having to worry so much about having to make it back to dock before sunset (or rather if we got in a situation where we were forced to come back after dark).

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Perfect - sounds like a nice clean install then. I was worried it would be a mess of zip ties and Velcro or something like that.
I’m installing a wired remote this weekend and will take some pictures of the amp and tower speaker setup.

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you - that'd be great!! I'm especially interested in how you ran the wires through the tower up to the speakers.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you - that'd be great!! I'm especially interested in how you ran the wires through the tower up to the speakers.
The wires are ran through the tower and down a pre-existing hole in the tower base. The exile clamps are quick release clamps which are nice pulling of the speakers when stored outside in the summer. 45658A97-B108-424C-AC28-37144DF55949.jpeg45658A97-B108-424C-AC28-37144DF55949.jpeg6343F749-DACA-4086-8E83-DED6A83E6FB0.jpeg5293BD65-57E9-4804-846F-466BF383DB29.jpeg8DC8320B-47A8-400B-97F3-F8B82C143BE2.jpeg

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice! Presumably there are already access holes of some kind in the top of the tower as well, or did you have to drill those?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice! Presumably there are already access holes of some kind in the top of the tower as well, or did you have to drill those?
Had to drill holes in the tower.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Haha nice, I also came from a Scarab 165 to the AR195. Let me tell you, HUGE upgrade in space! The biggest thing you will have to get used to is the manuvering, the Scarab was just was more nimble especially on reverse. The 19 AR195 Does have some improvements here though compared to 2018. I do kinda miss sometimes the super quick turning on the Scarab, man that was fun. But I'm happy with the upgrade.

Under way the engine is a bit noisy, I cannot hear the stock stereo at full throttle. Maybe not quite as noisy as the Scarab was though. This week I am getting 2 tower speakers and a sub installed so we will see how that does :). I have done many small upgrades from changing the wheels to alloy, thrust vectors, tower mod, tinted windows, new seadek carpet, onboard battery charger + battery swap Odyssey ADM, attached phone holder, changed brake lights to LED, new roller, added keel guard, aftermarket air filter, spare tire attach point and probably some more that I cannot remember right now :)

Last edited:

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha nice, I also came from a Scarab 165 to the AR195. Let me tell you, HUGE upgrade in space!
That's pretty much the reason for the upgrade in a nutshell - the Scarab is a fun boat, but I just need more space. I was wondering about the noise level - that Rotax in the Scarab is plenty loud, I was somewhat hopeful that the SVHO would be quieter, but it's not a deal-breaker per se. I think I will probably end up doing at least tower speakers on the AR195, possibly paired with a new amp and some upgraded speakers in the cockpit (may end up doing a sub while I'm at it too). We'll see how the year plays out, I may be too busy on the water to mess with things until the season is over.

What did you end up going with on the wheels and tires? Specifically, what tire size fits under the fenders? I'm assuming that you went with just regular radial (car) tires in lieu of the bias ply's that it probably came with from the factory, correct?

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's pretty much the reason for the upgrade in a nutshell - the Scarab is a fun boat, but I just need more space. I was wondering about the noise level - that Rotax in the Scarab is plenty loud, I was somewhat hopeful that the SVHO would be quieter, but it's not a deal-breaker per se. I think I will probably end up doing at least tower speakers on the AR195, possibly paired with a new amp and some upgraded speakers in the cockpit (may end up doing a sub while I'm at it too). We'll see how the year plays out, I may be too busy on the water to mess with things until the season is over.

What did you end up going with on the wheels and tires? Specifically, what tire size fits under the fenders? I'm assuming that you went with just regular radial (car) tires in lieu of the bias ply's that it probably came with from the factory, correct?
I changed tires and rims also for Goodyear endurance built in USA tires. Same size as originals but tows much smoother. Had a flat on the bias ply after 2 months.
0B8E5BEB-7A9C-4B78-92FA-689B04FC7A77.jpeg817C18B4-4446-481E-BA84-1841B828AE75.jpeg